Reasons to Use a Budget Alternative Hammock Stand for a Fatboy Hammock
An original Fatboy hammock with stand is priced from 429 to 499 dollars depending on the color and style. Now if you already have a Fatboy hammock but you don’t have anything to hang it on, it might take you several days of prowl for a Fatboy hammock stand without having to buy yet another Fatboy hammock. What we mean is, a Fatboy hammock stand is very difficult to purchase because online stores sell it with a hammock, not on its own.
If you’re having trouble convincing yourself that an ordinary hammock stand can be used with a Fatboy hammock, proceed to read below:
- An ordinary hammock stand, that is, other hammock stand brands that are not Fatboy, has a universal sense and has multiple usages. Meaning, they can be used with single-nest, double-nest, spreader bar, non-spreader bar, and just any other type of hammock there is!
- These hammock stands are widely sold in any online store platforms. With just a few clicks, a whole wide page of Google search will suggest you the places where you can buy these products.
- They are significantly cheaper to buy a Fatboy hammock without the stand. You can purchase a hammock stand below a hundred dollars without any issue!
- They are proven to be safe and secure to use. As far as the trusted brands are concerned, these stands are used by customers all over the world and guarantee a stable support for your hammock use.
- Their shape is similar to that of the Fatboy hammock stand. Unless a Fatboy stand is shaped like an eagle and makes you look like you are lounging on the eagle’s body, there aren’t really many reasons not to buy an ordinary hammock stand.
How do You Fit a Fatboy Hammock in a Fatboy Hammock Stand Alternative Option?
The Headdemock, or what they’re commonly called as a Fatboy hammock, has the reputation to be family-friendly and outdoor friendly. Its shape is more like a padded portable bed than a regular hammock and its size is wider than the ordinary.
It might seem difficult at first to suspend it in a non-Fatboy hammock stand, but a careful checkup and the following procedure guides you through a successful hammocking:
- Assemble the stand based on the instruction manual that’s provided.
- After assembly, get your Fatboy hammock and test measure it if its length is shorter or longer than the stand’s length.
- For the longer hammock, attach a rope on the hammock’s hole like the picture below and make a bowline knot to roll the remaining end of the hammock. Fasten the other end of the knot to the stand’s hook and see if it suits the amount of sag that you want.
- For a shorter hammock, attach a rope on each O-ring as the picture below and make a bowline knot to fasten it on the hook. Adjust the rope to get the hang that you like.
- If the hammock is exactly the same length as the stand, you can achieve the amount of sag that you want by linking directly the O-ring to the stand’s hook.
Cares and Tips for Your Fatboy Hammock Stand Alternative
A Fatboy Hammock is known to be water-resistant and as tempting as it may sound to just leave the hammock and stand on the rain and cold, not all hammock stands are totally invulnerable to outside elements.
They might advertise these stands to be anti-rust and anti-scratch, but this doesn’t mean that it will stay strong if left outside every single day with the constant change of temperature.
- Always store your hammock and stand in an enclosed space if there’s a strong wind, rain or snow.
- Do not leave them in a muddy grass. Mud and water can damage the feet.
- Be sure that there are no sharp objects near the frame. The powder coated finish can be scrapped if there’s enough force and this can damage the protective layer of the metal.
- Wipe the frame with a piece of cloth and a little oil to remove dirt and mud. Do not use water frequently.
- Always check the joints and be sure that all of the parts are locked properly to avoid possible injuries.
Conclusion: Buy Your Fatboy Hammock Without a Stand!
We have both used the original Fatboy hammock stand and a budget hammock stand for a Fatboy hammock stand, and the difference is pretty much only in the price and reputation!
Good luck with your purchase! //Amanda and Jared