2020 Updates On Trends About Dome Climbers
There’s one thing that a lot of kids have in common. They love to climb. Kids love to climb on fences, ladders, trees, doors, staircase banisters, chairs, and much more. Since kids like to climb anyway, why not buy a product that is meant for climbing? A product that is secure and safe to climb. This product is called the Dome Climbers.
Dome climbers have been around for many years. A lot of kids love climbing on them. Because of its popularity, new trends are released every year to make the product safer and more useful.
Nowadays, the latest trends of dome climbers include an anchor kit. This enables the dome climber of your kid to firmly set in place. This is an extremely vital feature if the ground is slanted or sloped.
Another trend this 2020 is ground padding. Several dome climbers now include a ground padding that is usually made of recycled rubber. This will help break the momentum of your kid if they fall. It also offers them more traction during playtime and keeps them out of the mud.
There are also several dome climbers that feature a tent attachment on the top. This tent is typically made of materials such as heavy-duty plastic, mesh, and nylon.
Last but not the least, to ensure your kids can enjoy the dome climber for many years to come, the latest trends today include a UV resistant galvanized metal frame. This will help prevent fading in the sun. It can also help prevent rust and other issues.
Do School Kids like Dome Climbers?
Kids need a variety of things in order to keep them busy for a long time. Children at play age easily get bored by toys hence why we always see them running around, screaming, or doing the things that oftentimes worry us about their safety.
These reasons help us decide that they need a playground and playmates; and if a public playground is not easily achievable, a playground with a dome climber in your yard might just solve this problem.
- Dome climbers are safe to use. Our kid’s safety is our number one priority and we never want to purchase an item that causes injury to them. Dome climbers are made secure to be used by kids by using steel or non-toxic plastic materials.
- It improves your child’s motor skills. The developing body of children needs subtle exercises and this can be done by playing around. Climbing, hanging off, and swinging stretches their muscles making them stronger, flexible, and more agile.
- It hones their social skills. Your kids can have their friends over and play all together with the dome climber. It teaches them to share a space that can be developed throughout their life. Aside from that, they might be well-known by their friends and playmates as the kid “who has a cool toy” which can boost their confidence around other people.
- It enhances their cognitive ability. The geometric shape of the dome climber is not only made as its main structure for safety but it is also there to encourage kid’s imagination and thinking skills. Strategies for climbing and getting down also enhance these skills.
- It makes them sleep easily. Climbing is like a chore for kids. It uses all their energy by running around and repeatedly getting down. This makes them very tired at night which can be an advantage for parents to have undisturbed sleeping hours.
Can 11 to 12 years old Kids Use Dome Climbers?
The suggested age limit for these dome climbers are 3-10 years old and it was done so by considering the average height and weight of kids at this age range. However, if your 11 or 12-year olds have no problem climbing on them, there is no reason why you should stop them from playing. Just make sure that their height isn’t taller than the dome to keep their heads from hitting on the bars.
Their weights should not be more than the dome’s weight capacity as well especially if they have friends around to avoid collapsing the materials due to overloading.
Do I Need to Anchor the Dome Climber to the Ground?
If it is made of steel and is pretty heavy (say, a hundred pounds), there is no need for you to anchor it on the ground as it will be impossible to be carried away by the wind. But if you have the plastic-made climbers which are usually lightweight, you might need a stake around its bottom if you are living in a windy area or if the ground is too slimy for it.
If used on smooth indoor surfaces, wrapping a piece of rubber equally on its foot will keep it from sliding. You could even try to attach a kids tree swing to it in order to maximize the fun
Does the Steel Dome Climber Heat Up under the Sun?
The powder-coated steel materials don’t heat up easily if they’re put outside on a sunny day but they actually get very hot if placed directly under the sun. It is recommended that you install your steel dome climber in an area where it has a shade like a tree or a roof.
Do Plastic Dome Climbers get Wobbly?
The plastic dome climbers mentioned above are pretty solid that you don’t have to worry about them shaking or being unstable. However, most plastic dome climbers are flexible enough to get a little wobbly when used by kids but this is not something that you should be worried about as this is pretty normal by plastic materials.
If this still bothers you, try to check their joints if they are connected properly or if the frames don’t have any damages. Companies like playworld are heavily focused on making the experience as safe as possible for any kids.
How Many Kids are Allowed on the Climber All at Once?
The recommended number of kids that can use the climber simultaneously is three but this actually depends on the size and the weight limit your climber has. If it’s massive and sturdy enough to take 5 kids all at once, you can allow them so but make sure that they don’t surpass the maximum weight capacity. It is also equally important that they have enough space to move around to keep them from hitting each other accidentally.
Another fun outdoor toy to purchase is a spider web swing! They are really enjoyable for most kids and will surely brighten up any outdoor activities!