Things to Consider Before Buying a Quick Dry Hammock for Poolside Use
Not all fabrics that are used in making hammocks are resistant to fading, mildew, mold, and decay. Pool areas are obviously consistently wet and we need a specialized hammock that is quick to dry and ideal to be used in humid places. For example, what is the best hammock with stand when you want to use it by the pool?
The fabric. Polyester and cotton fabrics which are commonly used in hammocks are dyed treated to make it UV resistant and water repellant. Other fabrics such as Sunbrella and textilene materials are ideal to be used in poolside since they have substances that can hold up moisture and dirt.
The rope or links. Most of the hammocks mentioned here either have O-rings or rope cords that support the hammock bed. O-rings are commonly used in hammocks with spreader bars because they can easily be adjusted. If the hammock you like features rope cords, look for the knots of its cord and the number of ropes it has. The higher number of ropes means that the hammock is sturdier.
Spreader Bars. All of the hammocks mentioned here use spreader bars. It is done so because poolside hammocks are commonly used for leisure. Cocoon hammocks are no fun to use especially if you’re in a bikini unless you prefer it that way.
Can I Use a Hammock Stand at the Poolside?
Yes. You can use a hammock stand at the poolside but be sure that the poolside hammock stand you’re using is made of powder-coated steel. Water and land elements can easily make a common metal to corrode if left outside for a long time.
If you have a customized stand, woods such as teak, redwood, cypress, oak, and mahogany are known to be water resistant and best to be used outdoors.
How Quickly Does a Quick-drying Hammock Dry?
It actually depends on the materials how quickly a hammock dries. Hammocks with Sunbrella fabric would only take at least an hour to dry after being completely soaked with water.
Hammocks made with textile materials are quicker to dry and are very ideal to be used outdoors.
Fabrics like cotton and polyester would take a few hours to dry given the proper amount of heat. The hammocks mentioned above would only take more or less an hour to dry up after being washed.
Searching for the best budget hammock with a stand to use by the pool would require a more detailed research in order to not let yourself get disappointed when purchasing a poolside hammock.
Are Quick-drying Hammocks Machine Washable?
Yes. The materials that are used in the hammocks in this list are actually machine washable. However, do not put the machine on high intensity if you don’t want to damage the fabric as well as its colors.
Do not leave it in the machine for more than 12 minutes to avoid the thread from getting loose. It is not also recommended to put the hammock in the dryer unless the hammock description manual says so.
How Do You Take Care of a Poolside and Quick Dry Hammock?
Although these hammocks are specially made to be used in poolside, there are still some precautions and cleaning techniques that we must follow to make it more lost lasting:
- Do not leave your hammock outside during winter. The frost and cold can make the rope and fabric to weaken.
- If there is only a little dirt on the fabric, do not go on a complicated way of cleaning it up by putting it immediately in the washing machine. Just spray a hose on the dirty spot and brush it accordingly. If the dirt still won’t come off, try using a vinegar and baking soda paste and apply it for at least 5 minutes then rinse as usual.
- However durable the hammock is said to be, do not leave it in hails or storms. It may be resistant to strong rain, but a heavy storm is damaging enough to destroy your hammock (or worse, give it to your neighbor).
- Do not leave the kids to use the hammock without adult supervision. Hammocks with spreader bars are easy to be flipped which can be unsafe for kids.
- Do not carry around sharp objects while you lay on your hammock. It might be water resilient, but it definitely isn’t sharp proof.
Concluding this Poolside Hammocks Review
What is the best hammock to use by the pool that dries quickly? We surely hope that this poolside hammocks review helped you in your search!