Caribbean Hammocks Jumbo Hammock
In a hurry for your search for the best hammock for overweight people and have no time to read this whole large hammock for heavy people review? We came to the conclusion the best high-capacity hammock is the Caribbean Hammocks Jumbo Hammock! It is a large hammock with twenty-six 3-ply end cords that give a great capacity and a balanced weight distribution. The spreader bars are marine spa varnished wood which makes them resistant to molds and wood-eating organisms. You can choose from 20 Caribbean design and color variants and the fabric is colorfast that will not bleed when soaked in water. This hammock comes with rings for a secure attachment and can fit bigger persons up to 600 pounds and tall persons up to 6.2 ft. height.
Quick Comparison - Best High Weight Capacity Hammocks
What Hammock Should You Buy if You’re Overweight?
Hammocks are mostly made for average sized people and there are only a few that can accommodate individuals at heavier sizes. Some of us are scared to invest in a hammock because there is no guarantee that it won’t break when we enter it, especially when there are many reviews that doubt its quality.
In regards to this, I feel the need to break down a list of the sturdiest hammocks that are safe to use by overweight people. These hammocks have a weight capacity of more than 500 pounds and they are ranked according to its maximum breaking capacity, quality, price, and comfort.
we hope that this hammock for overweight people review can help you on your way! //Jared and Amanda
>>>Scroll Down to Get to the High-Capacity Hammocks review & Buyers Guide!<<<
Best Hammocks for Overweight People – Reviews of Hammocks with high Weight Capacity
Can amazingly hold up to 1500 lbs!
Has an extreme cocoon feel
A solidly constructed, lightweight, multifunctional hammock that can hold a person at a bigger size
Not every hammock on the market has a weight capacity of 1,500 pounds; mostly the common ‘biggest’ one you can find can only hold 700 pounds. But thanks to this hammock by MsForce, you can now lessen your worry in breaking the rope or falling off the ground while you’re soundly sleeping. The parachute nylon material adds to its sturdiness as well as an extra comfort to sensitive skin.
This safe hammock for heavy people is made to be waterproof and windproof! It also includes 2 strong, very lengthy ropes which you can tie to two trees to give you a wider view of the environment and a fully stretched bed space to extend your legs on. With a safe and fantastic hammock, your hammock experience will surely never be the same again!
TIP: You might wonder if this hammock can fit big and tall persons. The answer is yes. This can definitely fit 6’4” person given the proper hang length.
Features to note
Claimed to be stronger than the strongest, the MsForce Best XL Double Camping Hammock is preferable not only because of its tough quality but also for these unique characteristics as well:
- Has triple-duty functionality which means that it can be transformed into a camping tarp and tent
- Can hold up two people with a total weight of 1,500 pounds
- Super lightweight and can be packed into a small handy bag
- Comes with 2 ropes, 2 anti-rapture carabineers, 6 iron stack, and an instruction manual for instant setup
- The manufacturer offers a 7-year warranty!
Type: Double Hammock
Overall Dimensions: 110 x 59”
Weight: 1.125 lbs.
Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
Material: Parachute Nylon Taffeta
Mildew resistant hammock, easy to clean and dry fabric
The vibrant colors of the fabric are prone to bleed
If you’re on a tight budget and having a hard time finding a good hammock that can fit bigger persons, this hammock is definitely worth a try
There aren’t many hammocks that are cheap and at the same time, guaranteed not to break off or tore apart the minute a 500-pound person enters it. Most of the hammocks that can be found online are made from popular brands which really have a great difference in terms of prices.
The Cutequeen Double Nest Parachute Camping Hammock knows what the customers want and came up with this double nest parachute hammock that can be used in a vast varriety of settings like camping, traveling, sailing, or even for home use. You can even use this on a winter adventure and never worry about frosts on its fabric. Relax like a baby and let this hammock support your back! This is probably the best budget hammock to buy as an overweight person!
TIP: This hammock is huge and hanging it at least 2.5 feet from the ground is recommended. If you like to extend your body fully and not in a curve position, be sure that the trees or pole you tie it on is distant enough for a balanced stretch.
Features to note
If you are looking for an affordable hammock to buy if you are heavier at a minimum cost, then the Cutequeen Double Nest Parachute Camping Hammock should definitely be on your list. It’s loved by users all over the world mainly due to these features not many hammocks have:
- The hooks are iron galvanized steel which is very durable and stainless
- The bed space is huge enough to fit two persons simultaneously
- The parachute nylon taffeta fabric is gentle to the skin as well as very easy to clean and dry
- Lightweight and portable to be carried on far away travel adventures
Type: Double Hammock
Overall Dimensions: 156 x 55″
Weight: 17 lbs.
Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
Material: 100% Soft-spun Polyester, Tropical Hardwood Spreader Bar
A heavy-duty hammock without that feeling of being cocooned
The price is higher than the other ones in this high weight capacity hammock review
The perfect hammock for those who prefer a wider lounging area without that typical fabric hug
This hammock is a great addition to your home or backyard and can truly give you that ultra summer feeling with its widely open bed area that can accommodate a large person. The ‘jumbo’ description is definitely isn’t kidding as a person with a wider body type can fully stretch on it but still has enough space to roll around!
This might come as a luxury to some but you will surely not regret owning it for the comfort it provides. This hammock uses soft-spun polyester fabric that can easily be cleaned and dried, giving you the continued ultimate relaxation.
TIP: The stand and the neck pillow is not included in this purchase and you have to buy them separately. Here are some great hammock stands that would go perfectly together with it.
Features to note
You might wonder that the Caribbean Hammocks Jumbo is just a typical hammock, but before you skip this one out, have time to read these features that make it unique from other hammocks in this list:
- It has twenty-six 3-ply end cords that give strength addition and a balance weight distribution
- The spreader bars are marine spa varnished wood which makes them resistant to molds and wood-eating organisms
- Has 20 Caribbean design and color variants to choose from
- The fabric is colorfast that will not bleed when soaked in water
- Comes with rings for a secure attachment
- A hammock that can fit bigger persons up to 600 pounds and tall persons up to 6.2 ft. height
Extremely lightweight; perfect for travel and camping
Don’t expose it to too much sunlight, as the color might fade
Its large bed space is ideal for overweight people
The best camping hammock for overweight people! This hammock is specifically designed to give a superior comfort to people who easily get hot lying on parachute nylon. Rest assured that this type of nylon is breathable and not suffocating when you’re in that ‘cocoon’ position.
It is a hammock that comes with robust straps that can amazingly take 3 people at an average size or 2 people at bigger sizes. It is easy to install, trouble-free packing, and quick to dry. As mentioned, the best hammock to use for camping for a heavy person.
TIP: If your height is around 6 ft., you can hang this hammock up to 5 ft. from the ground.
Features to Note
Not only that the MalloMe Double Portable Camping Hammock would look gorgeous on your camping, its price will not only give you the hammock alone but with a few add-ons as well:
- It comes with a handy stuff sack for trouble-free portability
- With ultra-strong webbing that’s sturdier than ropes
- Has 2 high-tensile carabineers and extra ropes for additional support
- The parachute nylon is seriously tear-resilient, giving you a peace of mind while mounting on it
The cotton hammock and nylon arm materials is a combination of comfy and durable. You can choose between 6 different colors!
Might be short for tall persons
A well made Yucatan hammock at a very reasonable price
There is a good reason why the Mayan hammocks are one of the most bought and preferable types of hammocks. They are unique in terms of design, materials, quality, and not to mention, great customer service from the manufacturer. “Hammocks Rada” offers a customizable hammock upon request — you can demand to have a nylon or cotton bed material or have the color solid aside from the original colors they advertise.
Since this is a family sized hammock, a larger person can absolutely fit in this perfectly without that uncomfortable feeling of being dropped any minute. It is tightly woven to ensure a maximum amount of security from ripping or splitting but at the same time, breathable and not hot on the skin. The best Mayan hammock for an overweight person.
TIP: This High capacity Mayan hammock can fit in a 12 ft. hammock stand.
Features to Note
If you haven’t used a Mayan or Yucatan hammock before and you’re unaware of its functionality, here are some of the specialized features that make it popular amongst hammock lovers:
- The customizable material of cotton or nylon is made because of the users’ different skin sensitivities. The nylon being stronger and more conforming to body shape, and the cotton is the smoother and gentler to people with skin problems.
- Its price is reasonable for an original made Yucatan hammock
- The nylon end cords are resistant to fraying
- The company has great customer service and is customer request-friendly
Are there hammocks for someone Heavy? These are Hammocks for Overweight People
What to Consider Buying a Hammock as an Overweight Person
Honestly, it is not easy finding the best hammock for heavy people because many brands would just advertise their product as having high weight capacity but lacking in important elements that make the hammock secure to be used over time.
Here are some of the things to put into consideration and all of these are essential to be followed:
The maximum weight capacity of a hammock. This factor is the first one we look for when it comes to asking if our body weight can be handled by the hammock.
If you weigh 400 pounds or more, look for a hammock that has a max. weight capacity beyond 400 pounds as this description is mostly the ‘maximum breaking capacity’ which means that if a hammock has a capacity of 500 pounds, it can be broken when mounted by a 501 pounds or more. Here is an article showing you what can go wrong in buying the wrong hammock.
The suspension cord/rope. If the product description has a suspension cord number, look for one with the highest amount of cord/ropes as this is more durable than the ones with a lesser amount.
The overall dimension. If the overall dimension or the bed dimension of the hammock is larger than your size, then that hammock is acceptable.
The fabric used. The common fabrics like cotton and polyester can really make us sweat. If you easily get hot and sweaty or you have sensitive skin, choose a breathable fabric that’s smooth and comfortable on your skin.
How Do You Get into a Hammock Easily?
This might seem ridiculous or embarrassing to ask but this is actually a valid question when it comes to mounting a hammock as overweight. Many of us have experienced flipping a hammock or rolling on the ground like a ball after failing on getting on it the first time.
Here are some tips on ditching that embarrassing situation and mount in that hammock like a pro:
- Make sure that the hammock is properly set up and attached securely to trees or posts.
- Check the hammock bed for a hole or rip. If there is one, be sure that it won’t get bigger once you get on it. Fix it if needed.
- Be sure that you hang the hammock in a reachable height. Do not hang it higher than your butt.
- Spread the hammock wide and begin a sitting position in the center of it.
- Now get your legs one by one or simultaneously depending on how comfortable you are.
- Try lying on your back and slowly stretch your legs fully.
- It is recommended that you sleep in your hammock diagonally so that it will be easy for you to get out of it.
- Getting out from the hammock can be done with both legs touch the ground first and slowly standing.
Can I Use a Hammock Stand if I’m Overweight?
The response to this is really arbitrary. Unless you found a hammock stand that has a weight capacity of more than 700 pounds to be safe, you can definitely use it for your hammock.
Be keen to a hammock stands maximum weight capacity as well as to its materials. If you can’t find a hammock stand that is sturdy enough to hold your weight, hanging your hammock in big trees or large posts is recommended.
But rest assured, that there are some great hammock stands to use if you’re overweight or a heavy person!
What are Safety Precautions for Overweight People Using a Hammock?
- Do NOT swing the hammock harshly even if you’re confident that it can carry your weight. Aggressive movements can rig the rips which can result in breaking.
- Do NOT bring sharp objects inside your hammock or in your pockets unless your hammock fabric is anti-rip.
- Always inspect your hammock before mounting on it. Some organisms might’ve eaten on it that made the rope and fabric became weak.
- Be sure that the hooks or rings it’s attached with are not rusty.
- Do NOT twist your hammock bed after use. This method uses force even when it’s not used and can weaken its materials over time.
- Do NOT stand on the hammock. Unless you’re a master acrobat, standing inside it can pose a serious threat of falling with injuries.
Concluding this Hammocks for Overweight people Review
Wether or not you are looking for the best hammock with stand for a heavy person or a camping hammock to use if you’re overweight, we truly hope you found it here! Also – take a look at our top pick as it is probably the best hammock on the market to use if you are a heavy person!
Caribbean Hammocks Jumbo Hammock
Did you find anything in your search for the best hammock for overweight people? We still think the best high-capacity hammock is the Caribbean Hammocks Jumbo Hammock, so why not give it a go? It is a large hammock with twenty-six 3-ply end cords that give a great capacity and a balanced weight distribution. The spreader bars are marine spa varnished wood which makes them resistant to molds and wood-eating organisms. You can choose from 20 Caribbean design and color variants and the fabric is colorfast that will not bleed when soaked in water. This hammock comes with rings for a secure attachment and can fit bigger persons up to 600 pounds and tall persons up to 6.2 ft. height.