2020 Updates On Trends About Hanging Egg Chairs
Instead of a swing, chair, couch, or other forms of seats existing today, hanging egg chairs are a proven fascinating and fun seating option. Are you planning to install a hanging egg chair in your patio or lawn? Well, you have made the right choice.
This 2020, the trends for hanging egg chairs include amazing features such as flexibility and weather resistance. Because of this, you and your kids can now sleep, play, or do anything with your hanging egg chairs. Sizes vary. It is supple and soft.
Another trend to look for is the construction of hanging egg chairs. If you don’t have trees or poles where you can hang your hanging egg chair, you shouldn’t worry. Most hanging egg chairs today now include a sturdy metal frame. It offers excellent support for relaxing.
Wicker construction is another trend to consider this year. Most hanging egg chairs are made from lovely and tough wicker that will certainly stand the test of time. In addition to that, modern hanging egg chairs feature polyester cushion with a washable cover. Thus, you can always wash it if it is already dirty.
In addition to all of these features, modern hanging egg chairs products now include tools. This means that you can easily assemble the product, even if you don’t have any tools in your house.
Finally, most hanging egg chairs nowadays feature a design that fits both outdoors and indoors.
Things to Consider Going through this Egg Chair Swing Review
There really isn’t that much to consider, except that you need to do your due diligence (like you’re doing right now). Reading first-hand reviews is a great way to fully grasp other users experiences and also scaling down your options to maybe 2 of them.
You should consider:
- Are you going to use it as a single chair egg swing or would you want to use it dually with another person, and what would be your combined weight?
- Do you want to lie down in it? Some chairs are just too narrow to lie down in without putting to much strain on your spine, but the 2-person ones are usually great for one person to fully extend the body.
- Do you want to match it with something else in your interior? Some of them are offered in different kinds of colors, giving you the option to perfectly match them with something in your house. But many of them come in natural colors making them easy to look good in any kind of setting, especially when it comes to any backyard or porch.
- What’s your budget? It is “hard” to find the best budget egg chair swings, and when you do find one, the quality might not be what you’d hoped for. Since this is something you could be using for many decades, putting some money into it might not be such a bad idea.
- Is it a kid-friendly egg chair swing? A lot of these are both used and loved by everyone in the family. You might want to ask any family member to get a second opinion on the design/usage.
Benefits from Using an Egg Chair Swing Instead of a Normal Chair
In your mother’s womb, we felt a constant pressure and light swinging all the time. The chair swing mimics this feeling a lot and giving this subconscious feeling of comfort. You will relax and feel much more at ease. This effect also helps you to sleep, giving a great benefit from sleeping in a hammock.
The Rocking from the hammock that hangs on a hammock stand also induces a sustained boosting of slow oscillations and spindle activity. It is proposed that sensory stimulation associated with a swinging motion exerts a synchronizing action in the brain that reinforces endogenous sleep rhythms.
Benefits as Therapy for Autism
As a rule, individuals with autism, no matter how severe, need the motion for proper brain function. The benefits of using a Chair swing to increase brain stimulation through physical imbalance serves to counter the mental imbalance.
Autism, which is a psychosomatic disorder itself, is no exception—the disorder and its symptoms can be effectively treated through the gentle rocking of a chair such as these ones.
Because of the enclosing nature of the egg-shape, it can also act as a sanctuary and a “happy place” for anyone suffering from autism or any other kind of social anxiety.
Material; Is Wicker The Best for Egg Chairs?
Wicker is the technique for making the egg chair swings woven from any one of a variety of cane-like materials, a generic name for the materials used in such manufacture. The word wicker is believed to be of Scandinavian origin: vika which means to bend in Swedish.
The wicker style is a great feature to these egg chairs and has been one of the things that characterize them.
Another fabric that can be used is polyester, and this is often a matter of opinion, but my thoughts are that the wicker has been such a big part of these egg chair loungers that it would not be as satisfying to buy one without it.
Can You Hang the Egg Chair from the Ceiling Instead?
Yes, you can!
But you have to use both caution and a good judgment. The thing you need to look for is a ceiling beam in your rafters to insert the bolt for hanging the swing. If the ceiling you are planning to hang it from has an attic over it, you can search the attic for ceiling beams. The same goes for porches and whatnot.
Does the maximum weight still apply if you hang a wicker chair from the ceiling?
This is impossible to know since there are so many factors involved. But as mentioned, try this with caution! You can even go as far as hire a contractor or get a professional second opinion in order for everything to go smoothly.
So mix caution with judgment in order to find your perfect spot, and always try the chair out with something that resembles the weight of a human being before entering the chair yourself. Such as a golf bag or a boxing sack.
Are Seat Cushions from an Egg Chair Machine Washable?
Yes. The cushions that are used in this lists egg swing chairs are actually machine washable. However, do not put the machine in high intensity if you don’t want to damage the fabric as well as its colors. Do not leave it in the machine for more than 12 minutes to avoid the thread from getting loose.
How Do You Take Care of The Egg Chair Swing during Winter and Harsh Conditions?
The treatment is different from the different parts of the chair swing.
The Egg Chair Stand
Be sure that the stand you’re using is made of powder-coated steel. Water and land elements can easily make a common metal to corrode if left outside for a long time. If you have a customized stand, woods such as teak, redwood, cypress, oak, and mahogany are known to be water resistant and best to be used outdoors.
Since most of the chairs in this list are made of all-weather and low Maintenance Resin Wicker, it should not be anything to worry about.
While it says that almost all cushions are water and weather resistant, there are still some precautions and cleaning techniques that we must follow to make it more lost lasting:
- Do not leave your seat cushions outside during winter. The frost and cold can make the quality and fabric weaken.
- If there is only a little dirt on the fabric, do not go on a complicated way of cleaning it up by putting it immediately in the washing machine. Just spray a hose on the dirty spot and brush it accordingly. If the dirt still won’t come off, try using a vinegar and baking soda paste and apply it for at least 5 minutes then rinse as usual.
- However durable the hammock is said to be, do not leave it in hails or storms. It may be resistant to strong rain, but a heavy storm is damaging enough to destroy your egg chair swing (or worse, give it to your neighbor).
- Do not carry around sharp objects while you lay in your chair swing. It might be water resilient, but it definitely isn’t sharp proof.
Concluding this Egg Chair Review
No matter if you’re looking for the best egg chair for the backyard or an outdoor egg swing for your kids, we hope this egg chair swing review helped you on your quest!